Dog Off-Leash Areas
The City of Wagga Wagga provides six designated off-leash areas for dogs across the city, including an enclosed agility track at Lake Albert. These locations are areas where dogs can run, exercise and socialise leash-free with other dogs and dog park visitors.
Click on the markers on the map below to view details about each off-leash area.
Narrung St Off-Leash Area
This fenced area is located at Narrung Street on the southern boundary of the Wiradjuri Golf Centre driving range.
Wilks Park Off-Leash Area
This area covers the Eastern side of Wilks Park North Wagga Wagga. The area is bounded by Parkan Pregan Lagoon, Hampden Avenue and the Island Lane.
Willans Hill Off-Leash Area
The parts of the Willans Hill reserve area south of Lord Baden Powell Drive to east of Captain Cook Drive, and all of the Willans Hill Reserve between Leavenworth Drive and Red Hill Road.
O'Halloran Park Agility Track
O'Halloran Park Dog Agility Track, Lake Albert.
Lake Albert Boat Club Off-Leash Area
Boat Club Reserve, between Plumpton Road and Boat Club Carpark on the southern side of Nelson Road.
Forest Hill Off-Leash Area
This area covers the land running between Kurrajong Avenue at the intersection of Cypress St and the western edge of the RAAF base Wagga.
For more information on the off-leash areas around the city, please contact City of Wagga Wagga customer service on 1300 292 442.
Off-leash area rules and guidelines
- Off-leash areas are only available for use in daylight hours
- You must have control of your dog at all times. Even though it is an off-leash area, you must prevent it from harassing, attacking and chasing other people or animals. Any attacks may result in a Dangerous Dog Declaration being placed on your dog, and you may be liable for any damages.
- All faeces must be picked up and placed in the waste bins provided.
- Your dog must be wearing a collar with identification tags and be lifetime registered.
- Declared Dangerous Dogs and Restricted Breeds are prohibited to be off-leash in an off-leash area.
- Where the areas are fenced, wheeled recreational devices and motor vehicles are prohibited.
- Any breach of these requirements could result in infringements being issued to the owner and/or the dog being impounded.