Public Art Opportunities
Flight 2015, Susan Milne and Greg Stonehouse, Wagga Wagga Airport. Photo credit Heidrun Löhr.
The City of Wagga Wagga is looking for a projection artist to create a unique projection for Christmas 2016 - and we do NOT want to see reindeer and snow!
NightLights 2017 Masterclass and Projection Commission - EOI now open
Departed, 2016. Yandell Walton. Photo Credit: Andrew Hagan
Wagga Wagga City Council is seeking Expressions of Interest from leading Australian projection artists for a two (2) week residency in Wagga Wagga. The artist will be commissioned to deliver a site specific work to be presented in June 2017, as well lead a five (5) day masterclass program for local emerging artists.
Our state of the art projectors and the 50m x 8m canvas of the Civic Centre building serve two functions: creating our City's annual projection series, NightLights, as well as complementing the City's major celebrations and events.
The intensive masterclass in digital media and projection art will include up to 10 emerging Wagga Wagga and Riverina based artists, running for five (5) days in Wagga Wagga within 18 April – 7 May 2017. Masterclass students will be required to apply for the limited places.
The lead projection artists' site specific projection will be presented in Wagga Wagga from 1-21 June 2017.
The EOI submission must include:
- The artist's CV, no longer than two (2) pages
- Examples of previous works (maximum ten (10) images, with appropriate captions; links to video displaying projections)
- Detailed plan outlining the masterclass program including indicative date for the masterclass between 18 April – 7 May 2017. The Masterclasses will be held in the E3 art space, Wagga Wagga Art Gallery
- Project budget, with artist fees based on current NAVA rates. Please see https://visualarts.net.au/media/uploads/files/Chapter_6_Fees_Wages.pdf for further information
- A list of previously completed commissions, including referee contact details for each commission
Specifications for the projection can be found in the brief below.
Applications close 9am EST Wednesday 7 September 2016
Budget: Up to 25k
Supporting documentation for all commissions
- WaggaWorks: Our City's Creative Expression, Public Art Plan 2014 - 2016
- Ruby and Oliver: Our future. Our community - Community Strategic Plan
For further information
Please contact Tracie Miller, Cultural Officer on 1300 292 442.