Public Art Opportunities
Departed 2016, Yandall Walton, Wagga Wagga Civic Centre, Wollundry Lagoon. Photo credit Andrew Hagan
Wagga Wagga City Council is seeking Expressions of Interest from projection artists to create an artistic response to be featured on the 50 x 8m canvas which is the Civic Centre building in Wagga Wagga. This subject is not for those who don't like to get dirty. We're dealing with waste here.
The succesful artist/team will be awarded up to $2000 for this commmision to be run in from 29 March 2018 through to 25 April 2018. This is not an educational projection, but an opportunity to bring awareness hype and excitement through art to the changes to curbside service, which will include a combined food organics and garden organics bin. See the EOI document for more information.
The aim of the EOI process is to enable the ‘Your Waste – got it sorted’ Team to assess the following items:
- The artist’s experience in large scale projection work
- The artist’s response to the theme
- The artist’s ability to complete the work within schedule and on budget – note that projection infrastructure is supplied and therefore does not need to be budgeted for
PROPOSAL AND SUPPORT MATERIAL
The EOI submission must include:
- The artist’s CV, no longer than two (2) pages
- A brief outline of the projection proposal including a description of the design elements and theme/s explored. Maximum 350 words.
- Examples of previous works (maximum ten (10) images, with appropriate captions; links to video displaying projections)
- Project budget, with artist fees based on current NAVA rates.
Applications close Friday 12 January 2018.
Waste Education and Communications Officer
Wagga Wagga City Council
Post: Wagga Wagga City Council
PO Box 20 Wagga Wagga NSW 2650
Phone: 1300 292 442