Statement of Business Ethics
Wagga Wagga City Council is committed to high ethical standards and this Statement of Business Ethics sets out the standards the Council requires of Council officials (Councillors, staff and delegates), contractors and their staff and other business associates.
It is essential that all Council officials, contractors and their staff and other business associates work together to maintain our excellent reputation.
The standards contained in this statement are based on those in Council's Management Plan and Council's Code of Conduct.
In dealing with our council you are responsible for maintaining our high ethical standards in all contract work. Wagga Wagga City Council expects all parties to perform their duties with integrity, honesty and fairness.
Council's Corporate Values
Council’s corporate values are the guiding principles on which Council bases its beliefs and behaviour. They underpin all that Council does as an organisation. Our four corporate values are;
What you can expect from Council
When doing business with the private sector, Council officials are accountable for their actions and are expected to:
- Respect and follow Council’s policies and procedures, and abide by the law.
- Be accountable and act in the public interest.
- Promote fair and open competition while seeking best value for money.
- Avoid personal conflicts of interest with public duty.
- Respond promptly to reasonable requests for advice and information.
- Not solicit or accept any benefit from a provider for the discharge of official duties.
- Protect confidential information.
- Assess applications objectively, considering all relevant and material factors.
- Use public resources effectively and efficiently.
- Deal fairly, honestly and ethically with all individuals and organisations.