See & Do
Things to see and do
- Three ephemeral wetland ponds covering 6ha
- River Red Gum regeneration area
- Field studies area
- Covered outdoor learning area with seating
- Traditional dance ring
- Bush tucker garden
- Demonstration camp site
- Healing Place commemorating Apology Day
- Access to the Murrumbidgee River and Wiradjuri Walking Track
- Elevated viewing platform
- Bird watching
- Walking tracks
- Self guided site tour
Augmented Wetland is the first Augmented Reality (AR) project in Wagga Wagga.
It contains works created by a group of local students from Wagga Wagga High School and Mount Austin High School. The works consist of a series of short animations and digital imagery that the students made in response to educational visits to the Marrambidya Wetland in 2016.
Through the use of AR, users can engage with the interactive digital content within the physical environment of the Marrambidya Wetland in real time.
You can download the app here.