Want to ride in Wagga?
Cycling is a great way to enjoy the beautiful sights of Wagga Wagga and surrounds with family and friends of all ages, while burning a few calories at the same time!
No matter what your level of fitness is there are plenty of tracks for you to explore, and local cycling groups to explore them with.
Existing trails and paths
Explore Wagga Wagga by cycling along one of the many shared or road paths around the city.
Wagga Wagga City Council has developed an Active Travel Plan and is actively seeking external funding sources to complete the cycling network and enhance the cycling experience.
Have a look at the existing cycling network.
There are a number of BMX tracks located across the Local Goverment Area:
- Blakemore Avenue, Ashmont
- Huthwaite Street, Tolland
- Cnr Lakeside Dr and Lake Albert Rd, Lake Albert
- Yentoo Drive, Glenfield
- Condon Close, Ladysmith
Whether you're a competitive or social cyclist, there is always an event coming up in Wagga Wagga for you to take part in:
- Wagga Trail Marathon MTB
- MTB Wagga 6 hour Enduro: 3 September 2017
- Lake Run and Ride: 10 September 2017
- Gears and Beers: 1 October 2017
- Golden Wheel Track Racing Carnival: 21-22 October 2017
- Riverina All Schools MTB Challenge: 5 November 2017
If you are visiting Wagga Wagga make sure you check out the Visit Wagga website to help plan your trip. It has all the information about where you can sleep, dine and play while you are here.
Hire a bike
Wagga Wagga City Council Tourism Partner Kidsons Cycles have everything you need if you are looking to hire a bike:
Call: (02) 6921 4474
Store: 105 Fitzmaurice Street, Wagga Wagga, NSW 2650
Local cycling groups
If you're looking to connect with fellow cyclists there are plenty of local clubs that cater to different types of cycling and levels of fitness:
Kidsons Cycles – Saturday Shop Ride & Wednesday Lunch Lap
Wagga Cycle Centre – numerous rides for all levels and length
Bicycle Wagga Wagga - Weekly rides & frequent social events
What's next for cycling in Wagga?
- Attachment 1 - Local MP Letter of Support from Daryl Maguire
- Attachment 2 - Moving Forward Together Outcomes
- Attachment 3 - Design Principles and Route Analysis
- Attachment 4 - Design Costs
- Attachment 5 - WWITS Technical Report (Draft for Discussion)
Tolland Pump Track
The City of Wagga Wagga is currently undertaking the development of a Recreation, Open Space and Community Strategy. This Strategy will guide the planning of community infrastructure and programming for the City of Wagga Wagga over the next 20 years.
One of the actions in the strategy is to construct a pump track in Emblen Park, Tolland. This is a social housing district and will provide additional recreation activities for families in the area. The Department of Family and Community Services have provided grant funding to assist the completion of this project.