2017 Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year - Guidelines and Nomination Form
Each year, the people of the City of Wagga Wagga Local Government Area are invited to nominate fellow citizens for the Australia Day Awards. These Awards aim to recognise outstanding achievement during the past year and/or contribution to the local community over a number of years.
* Nominations must be received by 5pm, Friday 25 November 2016. Nominations received after this time will not be accepted.
* Nominees must be Australian Citizens and reside in the Wagga Wagga Local Government Area.
*Selection for the Awards will be made on the basis of service to the local community in any field considered appropriate by the Selection Committee - examples are community service, conservation, culture, education, environment, visual and/or performing arts, and may also take into account acts of compassion, generosity, bravery, etc.
* Contribution by an individual/group to the Wagga Wagga Local Government Area is to be voluntary and unpaid and may be of general or specific nature. Nominees must not have received a taxable income for their
* Nominations MUST be accompanied by a biography of the nominee.
* Nominees for Citizen of the Year must be OVER 27 years of age on 26 January 2017.
* Nominees for Young Citizen of the Year must be 27 years of age or UNDER on 26 January 2017.
* Individuals only may be nominated, not groups or organisations.
* Nominees who meet the criteria of the award will be notified of their nomination via letter and invited to the 2017 Australia Day Awards Ceremony to be held on the evening of Wednesday 25 January 2017. All nominees who meet the criteria of the award will be recognised at this ceremony and the successful Award Recipient will be announced.
* Award recipients will be selected at the discretion of the Selection Committee. If nominations for a particular category are unsuitable, Council reserves the right not to select an Award recipient or consider the nomination under another category.
* Elected Members and Council staff can nominate a person for any award. Members of the Australia Day
Community Committee can not.
* Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years by filling out a new nomination form. Previous year's nomination forms will not be accepted.
* Awards will not be granted posthumously.
* The Selection Committee reserves the right to obtain more information about each person from whatever source appropriate.
* The decisions of the Selection Committee shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into on the subject of decisions made.
Additional criteria: Citizen of the Year Award
* Nominee must be OVER 27 years of age on 26 January 2017.
Additional criteria: Young Citizen of the Year Award
* The Young Citizen Award is for persons, who are aged 27 years or younger on the 26 January, 2017.
Please contact the Events Unit at Council on 1300 292 442 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org should you require further information.
Please complete the forms attached including a description of your nominee's contribution to the City of Wagga Wagga and Local Government Area.
You can fill in the form below or alternatively download the pdf form to fill in online or print a hard copy.
Download the pdf form here
Nominations must be received by 5:00pm Friday 25 November 2016. Nominations received after this date will be ineligible for consideration.
Before you begin checklist
Have the services been provided in the Wagga Local Government Area?
Did the nominee receive a taxable income for their services?
This section is optional. It is NOT necessary for your nominee to formally accept nomination by signing this form.
- I hereby accept nomination for 'Citizen of the Year' OR 'Young Citizen of the Year' and confirm that the information contained in this nomination form is correct and that all important and relevant information is included.
- I hereby declare that I am willing to attend the Australia Day Awards Ceremony to be held as part of the 2017 Wagga Wagga Australia Day Celebrations.
- I agree to allow my nomination details to be available for media promotion.
If I am unable to attend, this person will attend the ceremony on my behalf:
All nominees who meet the criteria of the award will be notified of their nomination via letter and invited to the Australia Day Awards Ceremony which will be held as part of the 2017 Wagga Wagga Australia Day Celebrations. All nominees who meet the criteria of the award will be recognised at this ceremony and the successful winner announced.