Public Land Register
Public Land Register – Section 53 Local Government Act
Council is required to keep a register of public lands contained within the local government area, pursuant to Section 53 of the Local Government Act 1993.
The register must include the following:
- the name (if any) by which the land is known
- the address or location of the land
- the reference to title of the land
- the name of the owner of the land
- whether or not the land is Crown land
- the classification under this Part of the land
- whether or not there is a plan of management for the land
- the zoning (if any) of the land under an environmental planning instrument
- particulars of any agreement (including any lease or licence) entered into by the council with respect to the land.
Information Contained in the Register
This register contains a listing of public land, both community and operational, which is owned or in the care and control of Council, including land under lease. The register also contains other local government land that has been excluded from classification eg Crown Land.
This register has been compiled to not only meet the legislative requirements of the Local Government Act 1993, but also to act as a useful reference document for the public, Councillors and council staff, in providing an inclusive overview of all land under Council’s management.
If you require further information on a parcel of land, please contact the City of Wagga Wagga via e-mail at email@example.com
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information, Council accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions and makes no statements, representations or warranties about the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in it. Any error should be reported to the City of Wagga Wagga preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the register here: Public Land Register - May 2017 (PDF, 548.4 KB)