Crime Prevention Working Group
Expressions of Interest - City of Wagga Wagga Crime Prevention Working Group
Wagga Wagga City Council recently endorsed the establishment of a Wagga Wagga Crime Prevention Working Group. Expressions of Interest are sought from community members or a representative from interested community groups to serve on this crime prevention working group.
The purpose and objectives of the Working Group are to consider various issues and initiatives that relate to the prevention of crime and safety in the Wagga Wagga Local Government Area, and where appropriate make recommendations to the elected body of Council.
Key objectives are:
- To provide advice to the Council on emerging crime trends and crime prevention issues based on relevant statistics and other stakeholder feedback
- To identify key strategic priorities or issues in relation to crime prevention
- To provide advice and feedback on the implementation of Council’s Crime Prevention Plan 2021
- To promote shared community ownership and stakeholder partnerships for crime prevention across the Wagga Wagga and related regional area, and
- To provide advice on community and stakeholder engagement regarding crime prevention strategies
It should be noted that Council is seeking a total of four (4) community members where at least one (1) is under the age of 25 years at the date of application.
Applications are invited, and will be received up to 5:00pm on Friday 3 May 2019.
Submit your application online:
Other application options:
Download the PDF version of the Crime Prevention Working Group Application Form (PDF, 134.1 KB) to fill out and email or drop in to council.
Application Forms are also available from the Customer Service Centre, cnr Baylis and Morrow Streets, Wagga Wagga during business hours. Application forms can be posted to PO Box 20, Wagga Wagga NSW 2650 or emailed to email@example.com
Further details are available by contacting Janice Summerhayes Director Community on 02 69 269231.