Published on: 3 January 2020
Evacuee Information: January 2020 Bushfires
Keep Up To Date
Visit and follow these pages to stay informed regarding donations or other information:
You can also follow the Riverina Police District at:
A range of assistance measures are available to support people affected by bushfires. Download the Bushfire Recover Assistance Brochure (PDF, 117.4 KB) for more information.
INFORMATION – for bushfire evacuees in Wagga
15 January, 2020 at 2pm
The Disaster Welfare Assistance Point (formerly the Evacuation Centre) located at the Equex Centre on Copland Street, has closed. If you require assistance please see below.
Wagga Showgrounds are open from 8am to 10pm daily for EVACUEES ONLY with their pets or animals.
What does this mean for you?
- 1. New evacuees needing accommodation - see accommodation information below.
- 2. Accommodation is still available and can be extended upon need.
- 3. You can access services at the various government offices around Wagga directly.
- 4. The Wagga Showground will remain open between 8am and 10pm every day until further notice for evacuated animals.
- 5. If you are a homeowner, please make contact with your insurance company in the first instance to enquire if your insurer will cover temporary accommodation. See below.
- 6. Displaced people are encouraged to register online at RegisterFindReunite https://register.redcross.org.au/
Help is still available in Wagga Wagga:
Food, clothing and Household items (you will need to supply your Evacuation Number)
- Clothing: off Forsyth Street
- Food: 180 Forsyth Street
St Vincent de Paul:
- Micah Hub, cnr Gurwood and Trail Streets.
For Accommodation, visit the Wagga Housing office of Dept Communities & Justice, Ground Floor 25-27 Tompson St Wagga Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Link2Home - Accommodation after hours 1800 152152
Disaster Welfare Assistance Line 1800 018 444
Kelly (0438 979 158) at Fernleigh Road Boarding Kennels.
You will need to register with RSPCA and supply your Evacuation Number
Clean Up Assistance
Clean up Assistance (Insured homeowners) 1800 734 621
Contact your insurance company, or the Insurance Council of Australia
Clean Up Assistance (uninsured homeowners) 1800 885 539
Contact Public Works Advisory
Wagga Wagga Police 02 6922 2599
Emergencies Dial 000
Keep up to date with Wagga Wagga City Council news
Share this story
Visit our news archive to see articles and media releases from more than 6 months ago.News Archive