Wagga Wagga City Council coordinates a valuable work experience program for students wishing to gain practical experience in line with their current studies, or for students hoping to decide on a career path.
Where can I apply?
Council offers work experience opportunities in a wide variety of areas throughout the organisation, see examples below. For more information regarding where you can apply please contact the People & Culture Team on 1300 292 442.
Please note, students wishing to participate in work experience in the areas of engineering and building services will be required to obtain a WHS general construction induction card (white) prior to commencement.
How to Apply
- Complete the Work Experience Request Form.
- Liaise with your School's Careers Advisor / Student Coordinator to complete the Work Experience Request Form. Please note, learning institutions must include with the request a current copy of their public liability insurance covering the student for the duration of the placement. For students under the age of eighteen (18), a parental/guardian signature is required on the request form.
- Submit your request form at least four (4) weeks prior to the preferred placement date to:
Post: PO Box 20, WAGGA WAGGA, NSW, 2650
Work Experience Request Form
- Upon submission, Work Experience Request Forms will be forwarded to Council's People & Culture Division.
- The People & Culture Division will review all requests and forward to the relevant supervisor within Council for consideration.
- The relevant supervisor may contact the Careers Advisor / Student Coordinator to discuss the application.
- Upon consideration, the learning institution will be notified of the outcome in writing (either via email or writing). It is the responsibility of the Careers Advisor / Student Coordinator to liaise with the student regarding the placement outcome.
- If approved, prior to commencing their placement students will be required to:
- Contact their placement supervisor to confirm work arrangements; and
- Complete Council's Work Health & Safety online training module.
Please note, while every attempt will be made to accommodate work experience students, there may be occasions where this is not possible due to operational requirements, staffing levels or placements may have reached full capacity in areas of interest.