If you need emergency help due to flooding, contact the SES  on 132 500.  

The State Emergency Service (SES) is the lead agency in the event of flood or storm damage

Council's role during a flood is to assist emergency management departments such as SES, Rural Fire Service and NSW Police

What do I do if there is threat of flooding in my area?

  • Check the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) for updates on flood warnings and river heights in your area
  • Stay indoors and listen to your radio for regular updates on developing situations (ABC Riverina - Wagga 102.7FM)
  • Make contact with your neighbours and share information
  • Never walk or drive through flood water
  • If your home is damaged or flooded call SES on 132 500
  • Take the advice of the SES or emergency personnel if an evacuation order is given.

Follow the City of Wagga Wagga on Twitter or Facebook for regular updates including road closures