Road Closures & Works
Wagga Wagga City Council is responsible for the maintenance of all local roads, whilst RMS is responsible for the maintenance of all major roads and highways.
When works are being carried out, sometimes Council has to close a road for the safety of both the public and our workers. Also, roads are sometimes closed for special events, or in emergency situations, such as road accidents or flood.
Current road closures:
Eunony Bridge Closure
Motorists and heavy transport operators are advised that Eunony Bridge will be closed from 14 February to 31 July 2020 for upgrading. Works will take place between 7.00am and 5.00pm, weather permitting. Road users who use Eunony Bridge as part of their travel route are encouraged to allow extra time to reach their destination, and plan an alternative route.
Farrer Road, Boorooma
Farrer Rd will be closed in differing sections from December until 30 June 2020, weather permitting. Alternative routes and road signage are in place. Some basic instructions are listed below:
- Coming from Coolamon and wanting to get into Boorooma (west of TRAC) you can continue to access Farrer Rd from Coolamon Rd for now
- Coming from Coolamon, if you want to go to Boorooma (east of Lindrum Way) or Estella you will need to turn right onto Brunskills Rd, then left into Pine Gully Rd, then left into Estella Rd
- Coming from Junee or Wagga and want to go into Boorooma (west of TRAC) you can continue to access Farrer Rd from Coolamon Rd for now
- Coming from Junee or Wagga, if you want to go to Boorooma (east of Lindrum Way) or Estella, you will need to continue on the Olympic Hwy to Old Narrandera Rd, then turn right into Pine Gully Rd
for more information, head to wagga.nsw.gov.au/farrer-works.
Tichborne Crescent, Kooringal
Motorists are advised road works will start on Tichborne Crescent from 20 January to 7 February, 2020 to upgrade and seal the existing road surface. Works will take place between 7.00am and 5.00pm, weather permitting. The road will be under the direction of traffic controllers.
Motorists are advised the left lane and parking lane of the northern side of Edward Street will be temporarily closed to traffic from Tuesday 28 January to Tuesday 11 February from 7am until 5pm, weather permitting. The lane is closed to allow for the construction of a new 235m footpath.
Motorists are advised that road works will commence on Halloran Street (between Urana St & Blamey St) from Tuesday 21 January until Friday 24 January, weather permitting.
REVISED START DATE: Motorists are advised that Truscott Drive (between Tedder Street and Clowes Place) will now be closed for road rehabilitation from 21 - 31 January 2020. Local residents will have access to Truscott Drive.
Kooringal - Endeavour St, Panorama St and Bellevue Pde
Motorists are advised Council will carry out necessary preparation works in on Endeavour St, Panorama St and Bellevue Pde from Thursday 16 January until Friday 31 January from 7am to 5pm, weather permitting. During the works detours will apply. Local residents will have access to the roads.
Work will be undertaken in 3 stages:
- Stage 1: (Jan 16 - 17) Endeavour Street (between Wilks Ave and Meadow Street)
- Stage 2: (Jan 28 - 29) Panorama Street (between Endeavour Street and Bellevue Parade)
- Stage 3: (Jan 30 - 31) Bellevue Parade (between Panorama Street and Fairview Street)
Council apologises for any inconvenience
*Any timeframes indicated on this page are indicative only and subject to weather conditions. Get the latest developments by following Wagga Council on Twitter or Facebook. This page lists closures to council roads. To see closures on State roads, visit livetraffic.com.