In association with the NSW Heritage Branch of the Office of Environment and Heritage, Wagga Wagga City Council provides grants to assist owners to undertake preservation works to Items of Environmental Heritage or properties located within Wagga Wagga's Heritage Conservation Area.
Aim of the Fund
The aim of the Local Heritage category is to provide financial assistance for projects and services that address the following objectives identified in Wagga View – Our Future in Focus’ Community Strategic Plan 2040.
Wagga View Objective: We are proud of where we live and our identity
Wagga View Objective: We value our heritage
What Type of Projects may be Funded?
As a guide, local heritage grant funded projects may include (and not be limited to):
- Conservation works and maintenance works projects;
- Adaptive reuse projects;
- Interpretation projects
- Conservation management plans.
Generally funding will not be provided for:
- New buildings or works.
- Routine maintenance.
- Purchase of heritage buildings.
- Relocation of buildings or work to relocated buildings.
- Flood lighting of heritage buildings
- Purcahse of equipment
- Moveable railway heritage items.
Examples of Eligible Project's
- Reroofing or re-guttering a dwelling in the conservation area.
- Repainting a building in conservation area.
- Repair works to a heritrage item.
- Reinstatement of original features to a dwelling or heritage item.
How Can I Apply?
Information on the grants period and how to apply can be found under the Annual Grants section of Council's website.
- As a minimum applicants must contribute at least 50% of total project costs.
- All projects should be discussed with Council's Planning Directorate.
- Projects requesting retrospective funding for monies that have already been spent or works completed will not be considered for funding.