Signage booking conditions
Gateway signs are intended to provide a positive and welcoming message to visitors to the City. They are for use by Council-organised or supported events and for non-Council events which primarily cater to people from outside the 2650 area code. The CBD banner is used for more local events and information.
Gateway signs are not to be booked to promote non-event related community messages. These messages can be displayed on the CBD banner over the Wollundry Lagoon bridge.
The Hirer is required to be 18 years of age or over and Council may request proof of age prior to accepting the booking.
1. Length of Booking
Hirers can book the CBD banner for a maximum period of two weeks. The Underpass, Bomen Entrance and Western Gateway sites can only be booked for a maximum period of one week. Hirers can only book one entrance location at a time. The hirers can book one entrance location and the CBD banner at the same time.
2. Changes or Cancellation of a Booking
Any changes made to a booking must be made in writing by letter or email to the Bookings Officer. Any cancellations are to be made in writing by letter or email to the Bookings Officer at least 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the booking.
a) An invoice will be raised when the booking after confirmation has been sent
b) Bookings are not finalised until payment has been processed and any cheques have been cleared;
c) Conditions of Use have been signed and returned to Council's Booking Officer.
d) Payment must be made by one of the following methods:
- In person and during business hours by cash, cheque payable to City of Wagga Wagga, or EFTPOS or credit card.
- Cheques should be made payable to City of Wagga Wagga and posted to- City of Wagga Wagga PO Box 20, WAGGA WAGGA NSW 2650
- By credit card by ringing 1300 292 442
- Payments can be made on Council's Online Services - Home Page
4. Hire Rates
All hire fees are available in the Revenue and Pricing Policy on the Councils website www.wagga.nsw.gov.au. Fees are reviewed every 12 months. Revised fees are available on 1 July each year.
5. Supply, Design and Erection of Signs
Gateway Entrance Signs
Hirers are required to source and fund the purchase and manufacture of the required sign. The Underpass, Bomen Entrance and Western Gateway entrance signs can be made by any certified sign maker and are to be in conformance with specifications as follows:
- Sign must show the name of the event, location and date only
- No advertising of any nature is to appear on signs
- Sign measurements are 7100mm wide x 400mm tall
- Approved colours: Beige text (C=12 M=23 Y=58 K=0) on black background
The CBD banner is to be in conformance with specifications as appearing in diagram. The sign must hang to a minimum height of 5.5 metres above the roadway and be provided with air holes (as shown in the specifications) to prevent the banner being blown down or damaged during inclement weather. CBD banner is best printed double sided to ensure event is shown coming from both directions of the main street.
The CBD banner can be made by any certified sign maker and are to be in conformance with specifications as follows:
- Width 6000mm (min) to 8000mm (max)
- Depth 1000mm (min) to 1200mm (max)
- Medium to heavy canvas hemmed on all edges
- Approx 10m x 10mm nylon rope
- 2 x steel rings (approx 50mm diameter)
- Approx 3.5m of light nylon rope
- Quantity of heavy canvas for reinforcing four corners and around wind holes (approx 500mm x 500mm)
6. Drop off & Collection of CBD Banner
The CBD banner is to be left at Council's Customer Service Centre no later than one week prior to the commencement of the booking.
- Customer delivering banner is to hand over banner to Customer Service Officer. Banner is not to be left unattended on the Customer Service Centre counter.
- Customer is to sign banner register and leave a contact phone number. This entry form is a record of the banner being delivered and who to contact for collection of the banner at the end of the booking.
- Customer Service notifies Parks and Gardens staff at the Victory Memorial Gardens to collect the banner for erection on the start date of the booking.
- On return of the banner, by Parks and Gardens staff, Customer Service then contacts the Customer to advise the banner is ready for collection.
- The banner is to be collected no later than one week after the booking ends.
- If the banner has not been collected after one week of the Customer being contacted to collect it, the banner will be placed in archives. The Customer will be notified that the banner has been placed into archives and 24 hours notice is required before it can be collected. The Customer will be charged a $37.00 retrieval fee to release the banner from archives.
7. Call Out Fee
In the event of Council workmen having to attend to the banner for any reason during its display in the interests of public safety, the full costs of attendance by such workman shall be a charge to your organisation. Respect of matters covered by this release.
8. Public Liability Insurance
The Hirer/User unconditionally releases all claims, suits, demands, actions or proceedings (whether at law, in equity or arising under any statute) which The Hirer/User has or may have against Wagga Wagga City Council, its councillors, officers, employees or agents (other than The Hirer/User) arising out of or in connection with an act, default or omission of The Hirer/User or any of its officers, employees or agents. The Hirer/User agrees not to sue or make any claim or demand against the Wagga Wagga City Council, its councillors, officers, employees or agents respect of matters covered by this release.
The Hirer/User indemnifies, holds harmless and defends the Wagga Wagga City Council, its councillors, officers, employees or agents (other than The Hirer/User) against loss (including legal costs and expenses) or liability reasonably incurred or sustained by any of the indemnified persons arising from a claim, suit, demand, action or proceeding by any person against any of the indemnified persons where the loss or liability arises out of or in connection with an act, default or omission of The Hirer/User or any of its officers, employees, clients, invitees or agents.
The Hirer/User agrees that indemnity granted under this clause shall continue in full force and effect irrespective of the fact that this Agreement may have terminated.