The Riverina Intermodal Freight and Logistics Hub (RiFL) will deliver significant benefits and strengthen the regional economy, creating opportunities for businesses looking to relocate from metropolitan areas and establish in regional NSW.
The RiFL Hub is a core feature of the existing Bomen Business Park, which is also the focus of the recently released draft Special Activation Precinct (SAP) master plan.
We'll be delivering the RiFL Hub project in three stages:
Stage 1: construction of the necessary infrastructure and road network. This stage was completed in 2017.
Stage 2: construction of rail and intermodal terminal infrastructure required to load and unload freight on the main southern rail network between Melbourne and Sydney.
Stage 3: development and construction of a sixty-hectare industrial subdivision adjoining the Stage 2 intermodal terminal.
The proposed RiFL Hub offers a significant competitive advantage over other similar proposals and facilities in the region including:
- servicing a diverse range of commodities, businesses and freight types, creating a highly sustainable facility
- large industrial lot sizes (up to 10+ hectares)
- able to service full-length (1800m+) trains on the $10.8B Inland Rail network
- strong synergies through its close location to the Bomen Business Park industrial area, allowing freight to be transported close to where it is manufactured and processed
- enabling regional businesses to trade more effectively with national and international markets through access to cost-effective transport and logistics
- improved high productivity vehicle access.
Strategically located on the Main Southern Railway between Sydney and Melbourne, the RiFL Hub is critical to the future growth of our city and the broader region, driving growth, creating jobs and increased productivity.
With freight volumes across NSW projected to double by 2030 and triple by 2050, this project will be one of the most important general freight routes in Australia.
Take a look at how the Riverina Intermodal Freight and Logistics (RiFL) Hub will operate.
The Riverina Intermodal Freight and Logistics (RiFL) Hub project has been funded by the Federal Government, NSW Government, Wagga Wagga City Council and Visy Logistics.
Stage 1 funding: $35 million Enabling Roads Project
- Federal Government – $14.5 million
- Wagga Wagga City Council – $12.5 million
- NSW Government – $8.3 million
Stage 2 funding: $14.4 million – NSW Government Fixing Country Rail program
Stage 3 funding: $29.2 million – NSW Government Growing Local Economies fund
For more information about the RiFL Hub, please contact our Director Regional Activation, Michael Keys, on 1300 292 442 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about this project please contact our project team on 1300 292 442 or email@example.com