The City of Wagga Wagga is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from qualified and suitable mobile food vendors in the local government area to operate food service on Council owned roads and other public places within the Wagga Wagga LGA. The permit is subject to the additional following conditions:
- Limit operating hours to between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm inclusive of set up and pack up times.
- 24-month licence
- Cost of permit $810
- Operate a mobile food vehicle in the Wagga Wagga LGA.
- If granted a permit at the end of the 24-month trading period, the applicant will be required to submit a report to Council outlining a minimum of 26 instances per year where they have been trading on Council land covered by this policy. If this minimum requirement is not met, the applicant will not be granted a renewal for the next period.
What is a mobile food vehicle?
For the purposes of the EOI, a mobile food vehicle is a registered vehicle under the Road Transport Act 2013, such as a truck and used for the preparation and sale of food and drinks. Carts and other objects are not eligible.
Mobile Food Vendor use
Mobile food vehicle will be permitted to trade on Council owned roads and other public places within the Wagga Wagga LGA. The permit is subject to the additional following conditions. Operating between the hours of 6:00 am and 10:00 pm only. No operation outside of these hours will be permitted.
All mobile food vehicles must:
- Comply with the most current NSW Guidelines for Mobile Food Vehicles
- Hold a current Section 68 approval issued by Wagga Wagga City Council issued under the LGA
- Operate only within the hours of 6:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Not sell alcohol, cigarettes or other non-food products
- Carry valid insurance policies
Food Trucks Are defined as vehicles used for the purpose of on-site preparation and sale of hot and cold food (considered medium and high risk).
Food trucks must adhere to all conditions outlined in the Wagga Wagga City Council Mobile Food Vending policy (POL 062)
Download the EOI Form
Please complete this application and attach any relevant documents by Monday, 14 August 2023, 5pm.
For questions about the expression of interest and to submit your application please contact Sue Hanrahan at 02 6926 9129 or email@example.com