Located close to city’s Central Business District, the proposed Wagga Wagga Health and Knowledge Precinct is a strategically selected mixed-use precinct surrounding the city’s two major hospitals – Wagga Base Hospital (public) and Calvary Riverina Hospital (private).
The adopted master plan will explore integrating complementary uses such as:
- Higher density accommodation
- Allied health
- Aged Care
- Commercial Spaces
- Green Spaces
- Healthy Living
- Smart Spaces
Master Plan & Structure Planning and Implementation Strategy
Adopted by Wagga Wagga City Council at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Monday night, 16 December 2019, the Master Plan outlines the 25-30 year vision for the area around Wagga Wagga’s two major hospitals to develop a central activity hub to enhance current and new health services in Wagga Wagga and the Riverina, and to support local employment in this key industry.
The master plan was created to:
- Define the health precinct around the public and private hospitals.
- Provide a strategic direction for the management of competing land uses and development pressures within the health precinct.
- Identify and facilitate suitable reuse of buildings for health and allied health practices.
- Maximise opportunities for complimentary activities including hospitality and accommodation.
- Serve as a model health precinct plan that can be replicated in other health precincts in regional cities, including Albury and Griffith.
Master Plan - Final Report
Click the arrow in the top left corner to download the Wagga Wagga Health and Knowledge Precinct Master Plan (PDF, 70mb)
Structure Planning and Implementation Strategy
Click the arrow in the top left corner to download the Structure Planning and Implementation Strategy (PDF, 10mb)