Published: 06 Aug 2022 | Category:
6 August 2022 at 3pm: Moderate Flooding
MODERATE FLOODING POSSIBLE AT WAGGA WAGGA SUNDAY EVENING.
At Wagga Wagga minor flooding is expected Saturday evening, with moderate flooding possible Sunday evening. The Flood Evacuation Warning remains in place with a meeting scheduled to occur at 1pm Sunday 7 August at North Wagga Hall to update the community.
Residents are reminded:
- Low lying properties may experience impacts due to flash flooding and/or riverine flooding.
- Storm and flood impacts may interrupt essential services such as electricity, phones, internet, water and sewerage.
- People in these areas need to closely monitor weather and road closures and make informed decisions early based on individual circumstances.
- Residents should monitor the situation and be prepared to evacuate when instructed to do so.
Wagga Wagga City Council is continuing with preparations.
The Wagga Beach carpark and Riverside precinct will remain closed and residents are urged not to enter any floodwaters.
Council will continue monitoring the river system and our infrastructure to ensure there is maximum safety and minimum disruption to our services.
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
- NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
- NSW SES Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MERRHQ
- RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
- Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/southwest.shtml
- Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
- Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
- Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
- BOM bulletins: http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/flood/murrumbidgeeriver.shtml