Published: 07 Aug 2022 | Category:
7 August 2022 at 6pm: Road closures
Road closures due to flooding:
- River Road is closed to through traffic at Houlaghans Creek and at the creek crossing to the east of Siselys Road
- Mundowy Lane is now closed to through traffic
- Wiradjuri Reserve will be closed tonight to all traffic
- Flowerdale Road off Mooring Street is closing this evening
- Eunony Bridge Road will be inspected in the morning and closure is expected. This will be confirmed, and an update provided online
Drivers are reminded not to drive through flooded roads and to obey road closure signs.
The Wagga Beach carpark and Riverside precinct will remain closed and residents are urged not to enter any floodwaters.
Council will continue monitoring the river system and our infrastructure to ensure there is maximum safety and minimum disruption to our services. Council will also continue to work with the SES preparing for any impact of moderate flooding.
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts: