Published: 07 Nov 2022 | Category:
7 November 2022: Legal Aid NSW Disaster Response Legal Service - Free Support
Any person in NSW who has been affected by the current flooding and storm events can access free legal help from the Legal Aid NSW Disaster Response Legal Service (DRLS).
The Disaster Response Legal Service provides free legal help for disaster affected individuals in NSW with legal issues like:
- Insurance claims and disputes
- Housing and rental problems including caravan parks
- Credit, debt, fines and financial hardship
- Eligibility for disaster welfare payments and Government grants
- Employment – unfair dismissals, entitlements
- Replacing important documents
- Domestic violence
- Other legal problems related to disasters.
Anyone affected by a disaster can get free help by contacting the Disaster Response Legal Service NSW helpline on 1800 801 529 (9am to 5pm weekdays).