Published: 08 Aug 2022 | Category:
8 August 2022 at 3pm: Road closures
Road closures due to flooding:
- Eunony Bridge Road - partially open: Flood water is now encroaching on Eunony Bridge Road to the south of the bridge. Traffic controllers are on site and contra-flow traffic is in place, reducing the usable width of the road to one lane at a time. Drivers are to expect delays and alternate routes are recommended. Council expects the road will close tonight, with the next update being at 6pm.
- River Road is closed to through traffic at Houlaghans Creek and at the creek crossing to the east of Siselys Road
- Mundowy Lane is closed to through traffic
- Wiradjuri Reserve is closed to all traffic
- Flowerdale Road off Mooring Street is closed
- Edward Street West is closed to through traffic
- Oura Beach Road is closed
The Wagga Beach carpark and Riverside precinct will remain closed and residents are urged not to enter any floodwaters.
Drivers are reminded not to drive through flooded roads and to obey road closure signs.
Council will continue monitoring the river system and our infrastructure to ensure there is maximum safety and minimum disruption to our services. Council will also continue to work with the SES preparing for any impact of moderate flooding.
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
- NSW SES Website
- NSW SES Facebook
- Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) NSW Twitter
- Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations (BOM)
- Latest NSW Warnings (BOM)
- Rainfall Forecasts (BOM)
- BOM bulletins