What is the NSW Planning Portal?
The NSW Planning Portal (Portal) is an online environment has been developed by NSW Government Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE) where community, industry and government can work together to better understand and meet their obligations under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
It hosts a range of digital planning services, mapping tools and reporting tools to assist everyone involved in a proposed development. The Portal aims to, improve application determination times, increase transparency of the planning system, and ensure greater accountability of all stakeholders
This online tool allows you to lodge applications anywhere, anytime and without the need for paper.
When to use the portal
From 1 July 2021 the following planning and building applications to Wagga Wagga City Council need to be lodged via the NSW Planning Portal.
- Development Applications (DA)
- Complying Development Certificate (CDC) applications
- Construction Certificate (CC) applications
- Applications to modify a Development Consent (DA) or a Certificate (CC, CDC, SWC or SC)
- Subdivision Works Certificate (SWC) applications
- Applications for other approvals (Activity Approvals under Section 68 of the Local Government Act 1993.
- Carry out sewerage work or stormwater drainage work (both private internal plumbing works and public Council infrastructure works)
- Install a domestic oil or solid fuel heating appliance
- Install a manufactured home, movable dwelling or associated structure on land
- Operate a caravan park or camping ground
- Operate a manufactured home estate
- Subdivision Certificates (SC)
How to lodge applications via the Portal
Step 1 - Register or Login to the NSW Planning Portal
Step 2 - Create your Application
1. Once you have logged into the Portal, click on the “New” tab on the upper left side of your Portal Dashboard. Select type of application (e.g Development application, Complying Development Certificate, Post Consent Certificate, s68 Activity Approval)
2. Input your application details and further required details of proposed development
For further information on NSW Planning Portal Lodgement Guides please refer to NSW Planning Portal Applicant Resources in the below link and select relevant application heading option to view guides
3. Upload required and supporting documents - as detailed in the relevant checklists below:
For more information to assist in completing your supporting document matrix, download the Document Matrix Guide for Checklists below:
4. Review and submit your application.
Step 3 - Completeness Check
Council will review your application and, based on information submitted, will make a decision to accept the application, request additional information or reject the application.
If any further details or information are required, Council will notify you via your ePlanning account. You will be required to upload any requested information through your account.
Step 4 - Payment of Fees
Once your application is complete and ready to be lodged into Council’s system, you will receive an invoice specifying the fees to be paid and how to pay them (credit card, BPay, etc.).
Application fees are detailed in Council's adopted Fees and Charges.
Alternatively, you can contact Council to request a fee quotation prior to preparing or submitting your application.
PLEASE NOTE - Your application will not be considered as lodged until the application fees have been paid in full.
Step 5 - Acknowledgement of Lodgement
Once payment has been accepted, you will receive an automated confirmation email.
The application will then be allocated to an assessing officer and you will receive an acknowledgment letter containing the officer’s name and an application reference number.
for further information regarding the new process, please contact Council on 1300 292 442, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Customer Service team in the Civic Centre, corner Baylis and Morrow Streets, Wagga Wagga.