A summary of the planning proposals currently on public exhibition can be viewed below.
You can send Council a submission for any planning proposal on exhibition.
Page Not Found
Wagga Wagga City Council and Privacy
The collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information is governed by the the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (PPIPA).
The collection of personal information from Councillors, employees, volunteers, contractors, ratepayers and member of the public is required in order for Council to perform its statutory functions and to allow the effective provision of services.
"Personal information" is defined in the PPIPA as follows:
"Personal information means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database and whether or not recorded in a material form) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion."
The person does not have to be clearly identified by the information. It is only necessary that identity "can reasonably be ascertained from the information."
The Act also outlines information that does not constitute Personal Information as follows:
- information contained in a publicly available publication
- information about an individual's suitability for public sector employment
- information about a person who has been dead for more than 30 years
The PPIPA offers enforceable privacy rights to the people of NSW and gives them the opportunity to:
- amend personal information about themselves kept by Council
- make a complaint if they feel that there has been misuse of their personal information by Council
- make application for an internal review and/or make a complaint to the Administrative Decisions Tribunal if they are not satisfied with Council's course of action.
Personal Information held by Council
Council holds personal information concerning Councillors, such as:
- personal contact information;
- complaints and disciplinary matters;
- pecuniary interest returns; and
- entitlements to fees, expenses and facilities;
Council holds personal information concerning its customers, ratepayers and residents, such as:
- rates records;
- DA applications and objections;
- Names, addresses, bank account details;
- Child information;
- Library lending details; and
- Burial and cremation records;
- Personal contact information.
Council holds personal information concerning its employees, such as:
- recruitment material;
- leave and payroll data;
- personal contact information;
- performance management plans;
- disciplinary matters;
- bank account details;
- pecuniary interest returns; and
- wage and salary entitlements.
If you require any further information you can visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner website.
The following Terms and Conditions govern the use of "Your Say Wagga Wagga" (“the site”). The software platform is owned by Social Pinpoint Pty Ltd and operated by us, Wagga Wagga City Council.
What are the conditions with a user’s account?
We are not responsible for the content on the site that has been provided by the users of the site. Any content posted by you is subject to the rules of our Moderation Policy. Your contribution to the site may be edited, removed or not published if we consider it inappropriate (refer to Moderation Policy). Contributors should also be aware that their posts may remain online indefinitely. Where practical, you may choose not to identify yourself, deal with us on an anonymous basis or use a pseudonym.
What do we require from our users?
You must understand and agree that, without limitation:
- all information, data, images and other materials are the sole responsibility of the person from whom the content originated;
- you are prohibited from advertising or offering to sell or buy any goods and services
- you cannot transmit Content that contains software viruses or programs designed to change or destroy the functionality of any computer software or hardware; or
- you cannot collect or store personal data about other users of the site
- you cannot impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation to a Wagga Wagga City Council representative
- you cannot interrupt or interfere with the site or servers or networks connected to the site
- you cannot attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site or other use accounts
Can your account be suspended or terminated?
We may terminate or suspend access to your site and/or account immediately, without prior notice, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. We may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all the related files and information in your account. After your account has been terminated, the content you have posted may also remain indefinitely on the site.
If you want to terminate your own account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These Terms shall be governed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia, without regards to its conflict of law provisions.
Wagga Wagga City Council, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors and other partners are not responsible for any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising from a breach of this agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
What content do we own?
This website contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, patents, trade secrets and other proprietary information (“Intellectual Property”) of Wagga Wagga City Council and its suppliers and licensors. Wagga Wagga City Council owns and retains all proprietary rights in the intellectual property. All intellectual property in the content of this site including without limitation to text, software, source code, pages, documents and online graphics, photographs, sounds, audio, video and other interactive features are owned by or licensed to us.
Any original content that you submit or post on our site may be made available to the public and allows users to share your content (with the end user acknowledging your contribution) under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 Australian License.
Except for Intellectual Property which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, alter, transmit, sell, distribute any of the Intellectual Property on this site.
We are not responsible for your communications or dealings, including payment and delivery of goods or services, with a third party found via our website. Any loss or damage incurred from those communications or dealings are solely between the user and the third party.
Disclaimer and Warranties
Users must agree that you use of the site is at your own risk. We make no warranty that the site will meet your requirements or be uninterrupted or error-free. Any material that the user downloads through the site is done at their own risk and are responsible for any damages to their computer system or loss of data.
What happens if these Terms change?
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time without notice. The most recent version of the Terms can be seen on this page. By continuing to access or use our site after those revisions become effective, you agree and will comply to the revised terms. If you do not agree to the revised terms, please discontinue using our site.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.
Want to share your view on projects and consultation happening in our community?
Create an account to get involved, keep up to date and have your say.
Sign up with email
Already have an account? Log in now
Thank you, your account has been created.
You're almost there, we just need a little more information
Completing the questions below helps us better understand the diverse range of people who contribute their ideas. The questions are optional.