Riverside - Stage 2 will rejuvenate the entire precinct - from the beach carpark through to the former St Michael’s Oval - to complete the vision of the Riverside Strategic Master Plan and build on the success of the $1 million Stage 1 works completed in 2014-15.
The development aims to activate the Wagga Beach and Murrumbidgee River precinct and develop the area as a focal point and destination for residents and visitors, as well as create linkages to the city’s CBD and existing civic precinct.
The $9.93 million Stage 2 project will integrate the former St Michael’s Oval and the former caravan park site into a large multipurpose public recreation space.
The project is expected to be completed by June 2022, weather permitting.
The $9.93 million Riverside Stage 2 project is being funded by NSW Government’s Restart NSW ($5 million), the Federal Government’s Local Roads & Community Infrastructure Fund ($3.08 million) and Wagga Wagga City Council ($1.85 million).
The project will integrate the former St Michael’s Oval and the former caravan park site into a large multipurpose public recreation space. The plans include:
- A large ‘destination’ playground
- Improvements to the existing path network and creation from a new shared path
- Container for gardeners’ storage and office and a food and beverage van that are removable during a flood.
- Event spaces including large, medium and small spaces to cater for a wide range of events, which can be used individually or combined for major events
- Car parking minor upgrade including trees for shade, CCTV and lighting
The benefits of the destination playground include:
- Ability to bring the community together
- Create a sense of community pride
- Provides children and families the opportunity to use their imagination, explore, exercise, and spend time outdoors
- All abilities play space
Project Documents & Files
No documents or files were found.
For further information about this project please contact our project team on 1300 292 442 or firstname.lastname@example.org