The City of Wagga Wagga provides nine designated off-leash areas across the city for dogs, including an enclosed agility track at Lake Albert.
These locations are areas where dogs can run, exercise and socialise leash-free with other dogs and dog park visitors.
Narrung St Off-Leash Area
This fenced area is located at Narrung Street on the southern boundary of the Wiradjuri Golf Centre driving range.
Wilks Park Off-Leash Area
This area covers the Eastern side of Wilks Park North Wagga Wagga. The area is bounded by Parkan Pregan Lagoon, Hampden Avenue and the Island Lane.
Willans Hill Off-Leash Area
The parts of the Willans Hill reserve area south of Lord Baden Powell Drive to east of Captain Cook Drive, and all of the Willans Hill Reserve between Leavenworth Drive and Red Hill Road.
O'Halloran Park Agility Track
O'Halloran Park Dog Agility Track, Lake Albert is located on the corner of Lakeside Drive and Lake Albert Road.
Lake Albert Boat Club Off-Leash Area
Boat Club Reserve, between Plumpton Road and Boat Club Carpark on the southern side of Nelson Road.
Forest Hill Off-Leash Area
This area covers the land running between Kurrajong Avenue at the intersection of Cypress St and the western edge of the RAAF base Wagga.
The area at the eastern end of the reserve between Pebble Beach and the boat ramp area.
Boorooma Off-Leash Area
Part of Explorer Park. The site is fenced and covers approximately 0.34 hectares.
Gobbagombalin Off-Leash Area
This is located on the corner of Yenda Avenue and Paradise Drive. The area is enclosed by high fences and the agility track is separated from the second enclosure
For more information on the off-leash areas around the city, please contact City of Wagga Wagga customer service on 1300 292 442.
Off-leash area rules and guidelines
- Off-leash areas are only available for use in daylight hours
- You must have control of your dog at all times. Even though it is an off-leash area, you must prevent it from harassing, attacking and chasing other people or animals. Any attacks may result in a Dangerous or Menacing Dog Declaration being placed on your dog, and you may be liable for any damages.
- All faeces must be picked up and placed in the waste bins provided.
- Your dog must be wearing a collar with identification tags and be lifetime registered.
- Declared Dangerous or Menacing Dogs and Restricted Breeds are prohibited in an off-leash area without a leash and muzzle.
- Where the areas are fenced, wheeled recreational devices and motor vehicles are prohibited.
- Any breach of these requirements could result in infringements being issued to the owner and/or the dog being impounded.